So my family and I are thinking about getting a new dog. We used to have a lab named Dusty but we had to put him to sleep two summers ago. He lived to be 14 years old. We also have a Maltese named Evanna and she is 3. But I have been telling my parents about how much I want a big dog that I can take for walks around the lake and play fetch with. Yeah I can take Evanna for walks but she gets tired so quick and her little legs can't keep up with my walking pace so she is like running and then I feel bad. So we are considering getting a bigger dog.
My dad wants a golden retriever and my mom wants another lab but I on the other hand want a Doberman. My parents think that I am absolutely bonkers for wanting that kind of a dog but I think that they are awesome. everything about them intrigues me. The way the present themselves they seem so scary and mean but that just makes me want one more. For some reason I want a dog that looks scary and mean and will make people who don't know it a little timid of it but once they get to know it they realise that it is one of the nicest dogs that they will ever meet.
I have done some research on Dobermans and they are a very loving and protective dog and that is exactly what I want. I want a dog that will protect me. I am also excited because if we do get a Doberman the first thing that I am going to do is get a chainlinked collar like you see in all the movies like the stereotypical Doberman.
I am very excited about this decision about getting a new dog.

No comments:
Post a Comment