So, my best friend in the entire world came up to me at school the other day and asked me if I would do her a huge favor. And obviously my answer was yes before she even told me what the favor was. But anyways her cousin was getting married this weekend and they needed some servers to walk around with trays of appetizers during the social hour and they had asked my friend to get a group of people to do that for them. The only requirement was that we had to wear black pants and a black shirt and know what we were serving.
That wedding took place yesterday and I have had a little over 24 hours to think about how it went and reflect on it, and this is what I keep on replaying over and over in my head... We were given such a simple job to do and I got to say I think we nailed it but all I can think about is how all of our friends came together and did her a favor without asking any questions. We helped her when she needed it and nobody was complaining about anything. We were all happy to help.The bride and groom kept on thanking us for helping them out but the truth is that we weren't doing it for them, we were doing it for a friend.
So that is what has been going on inside my head all weekend. I have been thinking about what will friends do for each other. And what kind of a friend does it take to do things for others.Best friends means that you can't be selfish and you need to think about the other person because becoming best friends doesn't happen over night it take years to develop trust. So helping out a friend isn't even a chore it is something that I want to do. Because honestly we ended up having a really fun time because afterwards we just got to mess around and chill with a bunch of friends who were all there for the same reason and we all laughed about how awkward we felt walking around serving food. So that is my story about helping out a friend and having a good time while doing it.
No comments:
Post a Comment