Hope is a very good thing to have. Hope is a feeling that everything will turn out for the best. I think when people lose hope they lose their desire to live. When you lose hope you just go through life like a zombie. You have no drive to you. You have no visions for your future and nothing to look forward to. Imagine feeling worthless everyday for the rest of your life. People who feel like that have probably lost hope and us as humans need something to look forward to. We need something to believe in. That is why we need hope in our lives.
I use the word hope many times a day. I will say "I hope we don't get any homework tonight." or "I hope I get an A on my math test." But one thing that I have never said is "Man I hope I get to eat tonight." or " God I hope I live until tomorrow" We just got done reading a book about a man who survived the holocaust and he wrote about how he witnessed people losing hope and giving up on life. He witnessed people giving up on thoughts of a better future, of becoming free one day. And it made me think about how good we have it now. I admit I take many things for granted. I never stop to think about if I will get to have something to eat for supper or if I will have a bed to sleep in at night. But many people around the world have to worry about those exact things. Yes, some of them may lose hope and some of them wont. But the ones that don't lose hope get stronger from that. They know that things can be better if you make them better.
Hope is a very wonderful thing to have. It can be very powerful. It can change your life depending on whether or not you have it and it can help you survive the worst of times. Hope is something that you should never give up on. That is what hope means to me.
I think this is a great piece of writing Tara. It makes me think about what I hope for and if its really worth it, if its really important. And the people that Hope is what gets them through life.
ReplyDeletei have always known that hope is this driving force propelling you to live with a purpose,but i never relized how different peoples hopes can be. i am so thankful that my visions and hopes in life are about god,family,sports,grades,and friends insted of ability to live another day or eat another meal.
ReplyDeleteI like this blog post a lot. I love how you gave sort of a general definition of hope in the beginning and then you moved on to how it affects your life and then onto how it affects the lives of others. It made the understanding very clear. Good job:)
ReplyDelete